Strawberry Julius ~ The Perfect Summer Drink

Do you realize it’s less than 2 weeks away until the summer fresh month of June? We had a short bit of snow last week (can you believe it???) and tomorrow it’s supposed to be 80 degrees. That’s Illinois for you! But I’m going to try and forget about that freak of snow experience and focus on summer, my favorite season, which is right around the corner! And what better way to usher in warmer days than with a refreshing summer drink? Today I’m sharing a yummy recipe for Strawberry Julius!
You’ve probably heard of Orange Julius, which is a favorite beverage of my mother’s. I thought … why not Strawberry Julius? So I experimented with the recipe and created this yummy concoction!
I love strawberries and June is when they typically come in season here in the Midwest.
 We had some Orange Julius the other night, and that’s when I thought about swapping out the orange juice concentrate with strawberry. I’ve never seen Strawberry Julius before but I’m sure someone else has made it at some point in time.

INGREDIENTS:
  • 6 ounces (3/4 cup) frozen strawberry drink concentrate
  • 1 cup 2% milk
  • 1 cup water
  • 1-2 tablespoons cup granulated white sugar (can be eliminated if concentrate is sweetened)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 9 ice cubes

Intructions:
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until creamy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Special Friend Gift

Cheesy Skillet Shrimp & Tortellini

Nurse Gear Gifts